Changes in the Deps Silent Swimmer 175
Deps Japan has been hard at it, working on the new Slide Swimmer ABS inject models. The new models will be released in the 175mm size and the 250mm. The original slide swimmer molds were approaching 10 years of age and needed to be replaced. They saw this as an opportunity to improve on the lure that has brought personal best catches to 1000’s of anglers across the world. The owner of Deps Japan and designer of the Slide Swimmer, Kazumasa Okumura, has 12 years of experience with this bait and knew exactly what they could do to augment the baits performance. Working with the legendary trophy hunter, Butch Brown, who also has 6 years of usage with the Slide Swimmer the two made some modifications that will help get us all get bit more often.
Slide Swimmer Injected Benefits
- Made out of ABS Plastic
- Features soft silicon skin
- The 175 will use Jointed 8 Rings to connect the bodies and for eye ties. This will aid in strength for a shorter sized bait.
- The 250 will use longer heavier duty Heaton screws for body connections and eye ties.
- The Heaton used to join the bodies on the 250 will be adjustable. The longer you
- leave the Heaton the wider action, and the shorter the Heaton the tighter, quicker action the bait has.
- The Silicon Skin will still be removable and the weights will still be on the outside of the body allowing for easy modification. The slide swimmers come standard with a Rate of Fall of about 5 feet per 10 seconds. Adding weight or taking away weight can be done with the new models.
- Color line up options increases. The clear ABS plastic allows for ghost & clear coloring patterns. The original colors to date will also be available.
- A Spring Weight is added to front body. With a slow steady retrieve the spring weight does not emit any sounds just like the original, but when the bait is jerked or fished with a faster retrieve the weighted ball bounces of the walls of the bait producing fish enticing sounds. There is also a slight vibration as the bait falls.